AOL Canada announced today the launch of Parentdish ( www.parentdish.ca), a full-spectrum parenting site offering an honest perspective for parents with content ranging from pregnancy through to parenting teens.
In preparation for launch, Parentdish commissioned a survey to get a unique perspective on the current state of parenting in Canada. Key highlights from the study include:
- What worries parents most? 31 per cent of parents surveyed indicated school bullying as their primary parenting concern.
- What do parents miss most about life before children? Romance/sex ranked highest for surveyed dads (31 per cent), while moms missed sleeping-in most (33 per cent), with sex coming in sixth (17 per cent), after money (23 per cent), good body/staying fit (22 per cent), not being interrupted (20 per cent) and beautiful/tidy home (18 per cent).
- Are parents finding time for themselves? Of the 507 parents polled, 72 per cent of parents indicated that they had two nights or less to unwind in the past month.
Find “the dish on Canadian parents” and more survey results on Parentdish.
Overall, the site will provide Canadian parents with a fresh, honest, take on parenting, and will feature advice, news, reviews and original content on topics that matter most to Canadian parents. Psychotherapist and well-known parenting expert, Alyson Schafer, has been named Parentdish’s resident parenting guru and will provide an authoritative voice for the site. Schafer, the author of Breaking the Good Mom Myth, Honey, I Wrecked the Kids, and Ain’t Misbehavin’ will be creating content to address challenges faced by parents, along with the key issues highlighted in the survey conducted by AOL.“In looking at the topics that matter most to parents, we felt like there was a demand for an online community that offers a combination of expert advice, tips, news and reviews, and, most importantly, drives conversations with the readers,” says Rashida Jeeva, general manager, AOL Lifestyle properties.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts