This article originally appeared on Sept. 3, 2013 on RealMoney. To read more content like this + see inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar portfolio for FREE Click Here NOW.
Stupefyingly difficult market. General Electric (GE - Get Report), DuPont (DD - Get Report) and Eaton (ETN) go down, but United Technologies (UTX - Get Report), Boeing (BA - Get Report) and Honeywell (HON) go higher. Caterpillar (CAT) and 3M (MMM) go down, Cummins (CMI) goes up. Vale (VALE) rallies huge -- thanks for once to Brazil -- and Alcoa (AA) barely budges.
The bonds go nuts and then calm down. In the meantime, the banks can't make up their minds. The real estate investment trusts get hit, the retailers hold up.
At the time of publication, Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, was long HON and VALE.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV