Added Foulkes, "By increasing access to vital preventive care through Project Health events, we are not only helping patients identify chronic conditions they may be at risk for, we are also arming them with the tools they need to take charge of their health and ultimately lead healthier lives."
Once screened, CVS/pharmacy will help patients through on-site consultations with bilingual (Spanish/English) nurse practitioners or physician assistants who will analyze results and refer patients who require additional medical attention to no-cost or low-cost medical facilities nearby or to their primary care physician if additional follow-up care is necessary. CVS pharmacists will be available to conduct one-on-one medication reviews and answer any questions the patients may have.
In 2012, nearly 160,000 people were screened through Project Health events, demonstrating the need for these critical services. Of the people screened, many areas of concern were discovered:
- 53 percent had at least one abnormal screening result;
- 51 percent had risk factors for osteoporosis;
- 51 percent were found to be overweight or obese;
- 47 percent had at least one abnormal risk factor for heart disease;
- 32 percent had abnormal glucose readings.
Project Health events will be held from 2pm-6pm on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, at select CVS/pharmacy locations in September, October and November, with no appointment needed. For more information, and a full calendar of Project Health events, visit www.cvs.com/projecthealth (in Spanish: www.cvs.com/proyectosalud), or call 1-855-287-7867.About CVS/pharmacyCVS/pharmacy, the retail division of CVS Caremark Corporation (NYSE: CVS), is America's leading retail pharmacy with more than 7,500 CVS/pharmacy and Longs Drug stores. CVS/pharmacy is reinventing pharmacy to help people on their path to better health by providing the most accessible and personalized expertise, both in its stores and online at CVS.com. General information about CVS/pharmacy and CVS Caremark is available at http://info.cvscaremark.com. Contact: Mike DeAngelisCorporate Communications(401) 770-2645 Michael.DeAngelis@cvscaremark.com Amy LanctotCorporate Communications(401) 770-2931 Amy.Lanctot@cvscaremark.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV