American Water Works Company, Inc. (NYSE: AWK), the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company, announced today that David Baker, currently the senior vice president of American Water’s Northeast Division and president of New Jersey American Water is retiring in February 2014. Baker will remain with American Water for several months to ensure a smooth transition. Baker will be replaced by William Varley, currently the president of New York American Water, effective Sept. 16, 2013.
William Varley has been named president of New Jersey American Water. He will also continue to serve as president of New York American Water. (Photo: Business Wire)
Baker has been with American Water since 1995 and successfully led many parts of the business. Prior to his most recent role leading one of American Water’s largest states, he served as senior vice president of American Water’s former Western Division, which included Arizona, California, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri and New Mexico. Baker’s other roles included president of both Indiana American Water and Michigan American Water, vice president of Business Development for the Central Region and Eastern Division manager for Illinois American Water.
“I can’t thank David enough for the value he has brought to our business and our customers. Many times we asked David to take on new challenges and he always did so with enthusiasm and commitment. He will be missed and we wish him well,” said Walter Lynch, president and COO of American Water Regulated Operations. “At the same time, I am very pleased to announce that Bill Varley will now lead our New Jersey regulated operations in addition to our New York subsidiary. Bill brings a wealth of knowledge and experiences to this expanded role, recently doubling our New York operations through a major acquisition last year.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV