SUNNYVALE, Calif., Sept. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ShoreTel® (NASDAQ: SHOR), the leading provider of brilliantly simple unified communications systems including business phone systems, applications and mobile UC solutions, continues to see success in Canada with a growing customer base. To support this growth, ShoreTel recently opened a new head office, executive briefing center and training center in Toronto.
ShoreTel offers unified communications (UC) systems that enable companies of all sizes and across diverse industries to improve employee productivity, lower costs and increase customer satisfaction.
"In the Canadian market, ShoreTel is winning customers against the big name competitors, gaining market share in this territory," said David Petts, senior VP of worldwide sales at ShoreTel. "Customers around the globe are looking for a UC solution that is flexible, simple to use and administer, and offers users a choice of platforms and applications. And ShoreTel is the preferred solution."
"We considered systems from Mitel, Cisco, and Avaya, but ShoreTel offered a solution that would seamlessly carry our organization into the future," said Jackie McLauchlin-Welch, director of communications and engagement at Georgian Bay General Hospital. "There were a number of factors that we considered as we looked at the different phone systems, but ultimately ShoreTel won out based on its reliability, redundancy, uptime, ease of administration and end-user acceptance of the phones and the unified communications client."Other leading Canadian firms rely on ShoreTel for their communications needs:
- "We like where ShoreTel is going with its mobility features and ease of integration. ShoreTel also provided a proper unified messaging solution that provided full integration with the desktop, such as directory access and email integration with Microsoft Outlook." – Claude Vezina, manager of national telecom, BDO Canada
- "ShoreTel just had the simplicity and resiliency we wanted at the right price. Even with a VoIP equipment donation scenario using another vendor, we calculated a lower TCO using ShoreTel for the long term." – Stash Kossek, manager of IT, Tim Horton Children's Foundation
- "During our research into Avaya and Cisco as alternatives to purchasing more Mitel equipment, I couldn't help notice that almost everywhere people were suggesting ShoreTel as an alternative. For us, ShoreTel won in every possible way over the competition. By far, it was the most cost effective option, with open standards, VMware support on the scale we need for meeting disaster recovery requirements, and interoperability with our existing fixed mobile convergence technology." – Adrien Carlyle, IT manager, White Oaks Conference Resort & Spa
- Subscribe to ShoreTel's blog.
- Follow ShoreTel on Twitter and Facebook.
- Read ShoreTel Customer Success Stories.
- Bookmark this Unified Communications Glossary.
- #ShoreTel, #UC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV