ROCHESTER, N.Y., Sept. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Document Security Systems, Inc. (NYSE MKT: DSS), which merged with DSS Technology Management, Inc. (formerly Lexington Technology Group, Inc.) ("DSS TM") on July 1, 2013 and is a leading developer of anti-counterfeiting, anti-fraud and authentication technologies for governments, corporations and financial institutions, today announced the following schedule for the Bascom Research and VirtualAgility patent litigation cases, in effect until further order of the respective courts.
- Bascom Research, Inc. v. Facebook, Inc., and LinkedIn, Corp.:
- The US District Court for the Northern District of California has set the Markman hearing date for February 26, 2014.
- VirtualAgility, Inc. v. Salesforce.com, Inc., Et Al:
- The US District Court for the Eastern District of Texas has scheduled the Markman hearing date for April 2, 2014. The jury selection date has been scheduled for November 2014.
- Document Security Systems, Inc. v. Coupons.com:
- Currently in discovery stage.
The dates are tentative and subject to change.
Jeff Ronaldi, CEO of DSS stated, "We are pleased that the initial calendar has been established for the VirtualAgility case. We view the Court's change to the Bascom case calendar solely as a scheduling adjustment that should have no impact on the outcome of the case. We remain diligently focused on expertly managing these cases, as well as our other investments, while improving the underlying operations of DSS to drive overall shareholder value."
Bascom Research is a wholly-owned subsidiary of DSS Technology Management. Bascom Research's patents focus on creating solutions for the management of complex and distributed data. In 2012, Bascom Research brought claims for patent infringement against a number of defendants, including Facebook, Inc. and LinkedIn Corp. The case is currently pending in the US District for the Northern District of California.DSS is an investor in VirtualAgility, Inc., an enterprise software company. VirtualAgility provides a user-configurable platform that allows persons who are not specialists in information technology (IT) to create sophisticated, integrated applications. In 2013, VirtualAgility filed a patent infringement lawsuit against nine defendants. The lawsuit is currently pending in the US District for the Eastern District of Texas. About DSS (Document Security Systems, Inc.) Document Security Systems, Inc.'s (NYSE MKT: DSS) products and solutions are used by governments, corporations and financial institutions to defeat fraud and to protect brands and digital information from the expanding world-wide counterfeiting problem.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV