NEW YORK, Sept. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Tripp Levy PLLC, a leading national securities and shareholder rights law firm, announces that it is investigating the acquisition of Astex Pharmaceuticals on behalf of shareholders. Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. ("Otsuka") and Astex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (ASTX) ("Astex"), announced hat their respective Boards of Directors have unanimously approved a transaction under which Otsuka will acquire all of the outstanding shares of Astex for $8.50 per share in cash.
The investigation concerns whether the board of directors and senior management of Astex have breached their fiduciary duties by not engaging in a full and fair process to insure that shareholders receive the maximum value for their shares and that management is not obtaining personal benefits for themselves in selling the company for an unfairly low price. Indeed, analysts have projected that the stock is worth at least $13 per share and the company has approx. $134 million of cash on no debt making for $1.40 in cash which will go to Otsuka to reduce the value of the purchase price to it to only $7.10 per share.
If you are a shareholder of Astex and would like additional information as to how you can participate with other shareholders who are seeking a higher price, at no cost or expense, please contact us at:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV