Polycom, Inc. (Nasdaq: PLCM), the global leader in open, standards-based unified communications and collaboration (UC&C), today announced that Green Cross International, an organization that aims to ensure a sustainable future for humanity and our environment, enlisted Polycom to stream its milestone anniversary Earth Dialogues events live via video. The Polycom-powered video solutions enabled over 1,000 video participants from around the world to watch, follow and interact remotely with world-renown speakers making their own unique contributions to promote sustainability, security and environmental conservation.
Green Cross International, founded in 1993 by Nobel Peace Prize laureate and former President of the USSR, Mikhail Gorbachev, held the day-long 20 th anniversary Earth Dialogues conference at the United Nations on Sept. 3, 2013. A series of public forums initiated by Mikhail Gorbachev and Maurice Strong (architect of the Rio Earth Summit 1992), the Earth Dialogues conferences aim to mobilize global public interest and action to promote important objectives essential to the future of humanity. Titled Pathways into the Future - Triggers of Change, the conference comes at a time of deep crisis in multilateralism, with a lack of consensus and coordinated international action to respond to rampant ecological breakdown, globalization and disparities between rich and poor.
“Polycom’s support helped our organization convey important messages on sustainability, climate change, security, human development and the future of humanity,” said GCI President Alexander Likhotal. “Thanks to Polycom, Green Cross were able to broadcast live a wide range of discussions by eminent speakers and experts on the major challenges facing the world today.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV