(NASDAQ: PETM) is conjuring up spooky fun for pets this Halloween season with dozens of pet costumes, accessories, toys and treats.
This year even the guinea pigs are getting in on the Halloween fun with pumpkin and witch costumes from PetSmart. (Photo: Business Wire)
This year’s Halloween dog costumes include classics such as a
; funny animals like a
; pumpkin and witch costumes for guinea pigs;
; and exclusive character costumes and toys from
Martha Stewart Pets
DC Comics, Marvel
- Disney® Pooh Costume: Whether it’s a walk through the neighborhood or the Hundred Acre Wood, your dog can search for his honey pot with a faux bee, attached to the back of the costume, who’s buzzin’ along for a ride.
- Disney® Nemo Costume: You can find Nemo when your dog is dressed in this ultra plush costume detailed with vibrant orange, black and white stripes and a hood for Nemo’s head.
- Martha Stewart Pets® Blue Dragon Costume: The colorful spiked tail, big eyes and faux claws will help your dog scare some mortals while collecting his treats. Breathing fire not included.
- Martha Stewart Pets® Bat Wing Harness: It’s a multi-purpose harness and costume in one. The bat wings easily detach from the adjustable harness for year-round use.
- Marvel© Iron Man Costume: Big or small, your dog can have an action-packed night protecting the family from ghosts and goblins in this heroic suit of “armor.”
- Peanuts Snoopy™ Plush Toy: While waiting for the Great Pumpkin, your pet will do a happy dance as he plays with Snoopy, who’s dressed as a pumpkin and squeaks when chewed.
Halloween is a great time of year to include your pets in the family fun, according to pet fashion stylist Dara Foster, who suggests getting the whole family involved in a theme such as dressing yourself as Winnie the Pooh, your toddler as Piglet and your pet as
“Choose a theme that will showcase your family and pet’s personalities,” Foster says. “If your family is more the superhero bunch, there’s always
. PetSmart has a variety of classic and quirky characters that allows you to experiment with many different looks so you can be the most fashionable family on the block.”
Virtually “Try On” Costumes using Facebook
For pet parents who can’t decide between a devilish or delightful disguise, PetSmart’s Spooktacular Costume Machine on Facebook lets you upload a photo of your pet and virtually try out 10 different costumes, add props, text and share a photo with friends through email, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. After creating a look, coupons are available to print, including $2 off any PetSmart costume purchase and buy-one, get-one treat coupons. Create your pet’s special look this Halloween season with the Spooktacular Costume Machine, starting September 16, at
Whether you and your pet will be at home passing out treats or walking the neighborhood with the kids, take a few preparations to keep your pet safe during Halloween fun.
- Walk Safely: When trick-or-treating, your pet should always be on a leash. To help keep your pet visible in the dark, PetSmart’s new Top Paw Dog-e-Glow collars and leashes feature flashing LED lights and are decorated with bones, skulls or Halloween plaid.
- Pet-Friendly Treats: Candy definitely is not for pets, but there are safe Halloween-themed treats, including Blue Boo Bars natural dog biscuits and candy corn dog bones decorated with bright yellow, orange and white icing.
PetSmart’s Halloween products are now available in all stores in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico and online at
(NASDAQ: PETM) is the largest specialty pet retailer of services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The company employs approximately 52,000 associates and operates more than 1,301 pet stores in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, over 196 in-store
dog and cat boarding facilities and is a leading online provider of pet supplies and pet care information (
). PetSmart provides a broad range of competitively priced pet food and pet products; and offers dog training, pet grooming, pet boarding,
PetSmart Doggie Day Camp
day care services and pet adoption services. Through its in-store pet adoption partnership with PetSmart Charities
, PetSmart has helped save the lives of more than 5 million pets since 1994. PetSmart Charities, Inc. and PetSmart Charities of Canada, Inc. (“PetSmart Charities”) are independent, nonprofit organizations that save the lives of homeless pets and reduce shelter intake through spay/neuter efforts. In 2012, nearly 450,000 dogs and cats found homes through the organization's adoption centers in all PetSmart stores and by sponsoring community adoption events. PetSmart Charities is the leader in granting money to help pets in need, with more than $28 million given in 2012 throughout North America.
Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: