Online Screening Tool Helps Parents Determine Back-to-School Readiness
CHICAGO, Sept. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Don't forget your child's most important back-to-school supply- health! According to the National Survey of Children's Health 2007, one in five households with children has a child with a special health care need and could benefit from developmental screenings and services. Easter Seals, through the generous support of the CVS Caremark Charitable Trust, is making it possible for parents and caregivers to easily track their children's development through age 5 through a free online screening tool called The Ages & Stages Questionnaires ® which is now available in English and Spanish.
"We are proud to partner with Easter Seals around its Make the First Five Count ® program to make sure children are achieving their developmental milestones during the important first five years of life," says Eileen Howard Boone, Senior Vice President, CVS Caremark Charitable Trust. "Developmental health screenings are crucial to a child's future success and with the Ages and Stages Questionnaires™, Easter Seals can help children of all abilities to be the best that they can be."After observing their child and taking the online survey, parents can download their child's results to discuss with their pediatrician. Every child should be screened frequently throughout childhood to ensure he or she is not at risk for developmental delays or disabilities. The survey can help indicate if your child is on track to enter kindergarten – and offers advice and support from Easter Seals if they're not. Tips for Educational PlayRegardless of how a child develops, there are ways to help them develop a love of learning:
- Read to them. In young children, it nurtures an interest in language, words and communication.
- Play word games.
- Encourage children to write original stories and illustrate them with their own drawings.
- Show them the value of math by making connections to everyday life with "teachable math moments," from cutting slices of pizza to getting gas for the car.
- Praise your children's academic progress. Tell them that you are proud of their efforts. When students are confident in their abilities, they enjoy learning.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV