Figshare For Institutions - Solving The Research Data Management Problem For Educational Research Institutions
LONDON and BOSTON, September 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Reputation-enhancing, cost-efficient solution to fulfill mandates to self-archive and share research data
Figshare today announces the launch of Figshare for Institutions - a simple and cost-effective software solution for academic and higher education establishments to both securely host and make publicly available its academic research outputs. Fig share allows academic institutions to publish, share and get credit for their research data, hosting videos, datasets, posters, figures and papers in a cost-effective way.
Institutions can choose to make as little or as much of its research publicly available as its funding mandates require, ensuring that they can take control of all their research outputs - to make them citable, searchable and discoverable. Academic publishers Nature, PLOS and F1000 currently trust Fig share to bring their published articles to life - either by making the entire supplementary article data open to their readers or by providing the article content.With new funder mandates requiring institutions to provide self-archiving and to make increasing amounts of their research outputs publicly available, Fig share allows institutions to easily aggregate research at both the departmental and institutional level, automatically providing a self-populating institutional repository with reporting capabilities. Researchers can quickly upload their data and easily retrieve research and data with simple file curation. These research outputs are then just one click away from being made openly and persistently available if mandated by the institutional funder. The uploaded research is also citable and trackable via a Digital Object Identifier (DOI) and detailed reporting metrics are available for the institution, to track the interest in its publicly available research. Mark Hahnel, founder of Fig share explains, "Academics can struggle to organise their research outputs, as I once did. Fig share for Institutions integrates into their existing workflow so that their data management requirements are complied with subconsciously. The institutions also benefit by seeing the full reputational impact of all of the research they generate, a huge step up from the silo-ed system that exists within many research organisations at the moment." Included:
- Large amounts of secure, private storage plus unlimited public space.
- Simple, institution-wide management and monitoring of all research outputs for institution staff with subject categorisation per department.
- Access-controlled team sharing and collaborative spaces with the ability to add notes and comments to files.
- An institutional dashboard with detailed metrics on the impact of publicly available data.
- All research outputs can be made citable, visualisable, embeddable and trackable with one click.
- The ability to push research to any internal repository.
- Institution-wide compliance with open data requirements of funding bodies.
- Dedicated support team.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts