BERLIN, Sept. 5, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- IFA 2013, Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI), driving digital entertainment innovation, today unveiled DivX ® 10, the first consumer software application to enable the free creation and playback of DivX video in the new High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC/H.265) standard. This innovative software application puts the power of HEVC – a standard expected to deliver up to double the compression of H.264 – into consumers' hands for the first time with DivX. Rovi is demonstrating DivX 10 at IFA this week in Hall 25, Stand 151.
DivX 10 is the latest in a long line of DivX consumer software that collectively has been downloaded close to 1 billion times. Available via www.divx.com as a free download for Windows and Mac computers, DivX 10 lets consumers easily create DivX HEVC video up to 1080p for high quality playback across multiple screens, including personal computers, mobile phones and tablets, and consumer electronics (CE) devices.
"We believe DivX 10 is an application that will help fuel HEVC content availability and generate demand for playback support to be integrated into consumer electronics devices," said Kanaan Jemili, senior vice president, product management, Rovi Corp. "A first of its kind, DivX 10 is one element of a broader DivX HEVC ecosystem spanning software, hardware, content and services that could help companies realize new cost savings and improve the video entertainment experience for consumers."DivX 10 enables consumers to play, create and stream the video formats that matter, including new HEVC video. Other features include:
- New DivX HEVC profiles supported across DivX Converter, DivX Player and DivX Web Player
- Real-time decoding of HEVC video up to 1080p on Intel Core i5
- Encoding of HEVC HM11 video up to 1080p with AAC, MP3, or AC3 audio
- Optimized playback with reverse/forward seek, pause, and play
- Efficient HEVC streaming in the browser with DivX Web Player
- Powerful MKV container to deliver subtitles, chapters, and compatibility with existing toolsets
- High-quality DivX and MKV video for viewing on DivX supported computers and consumer electronics devices
- Creation of MP4 video for playback on iOS
- Available in 11 languages, including new support for Italian, Korean and Russian
CONTACT: Chris Taylor Rovi Corporation (+1) 408-562-3077 Chris.D.Taylor@rovicorp.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV