NYSE Euronext (NYX) today announced trading volumes for its global derivatives and cash equities exchanges for August 2013 1. Global derivatives average daily volume (“ADV”) of 5.8 million contracts, excluding Bclear, in August 2013 increased 8.6% compared to August 2012, but decreased 8.9% from July 2013. U.S. equity options volumes increased 8.4% compared to August 2012, but decreased 6.0% sequentially. ADV in European cash equities increased 17.9% compared to August 2012, but decreased 7.8% compared to July 2013. U.S. cash equities decreased year-over-year and month-over-month.
- NYSE Euronext global derivatives ADV in August 2013 of 5.8 million contracts, excluding Bclear, increased 8.6% from August 2012, but decreased 8.9% from July 2013 levels.
- NYSE Euronext European derivatives products ADV in August 2013 of 2.4 million contracts, excluding Bclear, increased 10.7% compared to August 2012, but decreased 12.5% from July 2013 levels. Including Bclear, NYSE Liffe’s trade administration and clearing service for OTC products, European derivatives ADV decreased 12.5% compared to August 2012, and decreased 15.6% from July 2013.
- NYSE Euronext U.S. equity options (NYSE Arca and NYSE Amex Options) ADV of 3.3 million contracts in August 2013 increased 8.4% compared to August 2012 levels, but decreased 6.0% from July 2013 levels. NYSE Euronext’s U.S. options exchanges accounted for 25.3% of total U.S. consolidated equity options trading in August 2013, up from 24.8% in August 2012, but down from 26.6% in July 2013.
- NYSE Liffe U.S. ADV of approximately 31,400 contracts decreased from 63,200 contracts in August 2012 and decreased from 35,000 contracts in July 2013.
- NYSE Euronext European cash products ADV of 1.3 million transactions in August 2013 increased 17.9% compared to August 2012 but, decreased 7.8% compared to July 2013.
- NYSE Euronext U.S. cash products (NYSE, NYSE Arca and NYSE MKT) handled ADV of 1.3 billion shares in August 2013 decreased 7.5% compared to August 2012 and decreased 3.9% compared to July 2013. NYSE Euronext’s Tape A matched market share in August 2013 was 30.7%, down from 31.6% in August 2012 but, up from 30.6% in July 2013.
Please click here for the Monthly Transaction Activity Data Table.
|1 All NYSE Euronext derivatives transactions count buy and sell orders together as a single transaction. NYSE Euronext European equities transactions count each buy and sell order as separate transactions, NYSE Euronext U.S. equities transactions count buy and sell orders together as a single transaction.|
About NYSE EuronextNYSE Euronext (NYX) is a leading global operator of financial markets and provider of innovative trading technologies. The company's exchanges in Europe and the United States trade equities, futures, options, fixed-income and exchange-traded products. With approximately 8,000 listed issues (excluding European Structured Products), NYSE Euronext's equities markets - the New York Stock Exchange, NYSE Euronext, NYSE MKT, NYSE Alternext and NYSE Arca - represent one-third of the world’s equities trading, the most liquidity of any global exchange group. NYSE Euronext also operates NYSE Liffe, one of the leading European derivatives businesses and the world's second-largest derivatives business by value of trading. The company offers comprehensive commercial technology, connectivity and market data products and services through NYSE Technologies. NYSE Euronext is in the S&P 500 index. For more information, please visit: http://www.nyx.com. Please follow us at: Exchanges Blog Facebook LinkedIn Twitter CAUTIONARY STATEMENT REGARDING FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTS This written communication contains “forward-looking statements” made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by words such as “may,” “hope,” “will,” “should,” “expect,” “plan,” “anticipate,” “intend,” “believe,” “estimate,” “predict,” “potential,” “continue,” “could,” “future” or the negative of those terms or other words of similar meaning. You should carefully read forward-looking statements, including statements that contain these words, because they discuss our future expectations or state other “forward-looking” information. Forward-looking statements are subject to numerous assumptions, risks and uncertainties which change over time. ICE Group, ICE and NYSE Euronext caution readers that any forward-looking statement is not a guarantee of future performance and that actual results could differ materially from those contained in the forward-looking statement.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts