Third-best car for tall drivers (tie): Mercedes-Benz S-Class
Average front-seat dimension: 46.8 inches
Tall drivers with bank accounts as lofty as their heights will love the S-Class even though the $95,000 car from Mercedes-Benz (DDAIF) is the most expensive model on Edmunds' list.
"The Mercedes S-Class is just a wonderful car," Clarke says. "It's got world-class craftsmanship, a wonderful cabin and tons of available convenience and safety features."Although the S-Class driver's seat offers the least amount of headroom (37.8 inches) and legroom (41.9 inches) of any car at or near the top of Edmunds' rundown, generous hiproom (60.8 inches) more than makes up the difference. At the same time, even the least-expensive gasoline-powered S-Class (the S550) comes with a 429-horsepower V-8 engine. A top-of-the-line S65 AMG features a mammoth 621-horsepower V-12, while Mercedes offers hybrid and diesel S-Class models as well.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV