MELBOURNE, Australia, Sept. 5, 2013 /CNW/ - The Board of Newcrest Mining Limited today announced that Dr Maurice Newman AC, former Chairman of the Australian Securities Exchange, had completed his independent review of the Company's disclosure and investor relations practices. The appointment of Dr Newman to conduct an independent review was announced by the Company on 25 June 2013.
Following Newcrest's commitment to report publicly on the actions arising from Dr Newman's independent review, Dr Newman's full report can be found at www.sedar.com.
Newcrest Chairman, Mr Don Mercer said: "The Board supports in principle all of Dr Newman's recommendations. We will now proceed with their implementation, noting that a number are already reflected, fully or in part, in existing Company policies and procedures."
The Company has previously noted that the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) is investigating certain matters relating to, or events leading up to, the Company's 7 June market release. The Company continues to co-operate with ASIC.This information is available on our website at www.newcrest.com.au and at www.sedar.com. SOURCE Newcrest Mining Limited
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV