A*STAR IHPC And IDA To Co-Develop Innovative Cloud-Enabled Technological Solutions For Local ICT Companies To Be More Competitive
SINGAPORE, September 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Cloud solutions to accelerate local ICT companies' adoption of technologies and overcome end-user challenges faced by the ICT industry
A*STAR's Institute of High Performance Computing (IHPC) and the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA) inked an agreement on the 28 th of August to jointly develop world-class cloud computing-powered technological solutions to benefit local ICT companies.
This partnership aims to promote local ICT companies' adoption of cloud-based technologies in their product and service development, as well as business operations towards greater productivity and competitiveness. It also serves to develop a vibrant local infocomm sector and hone Singapore's overall economic competitiveness.Both parties will work hand-in-hand with the infocomm sector, through IDA's extensive industry reach under the Technology Evaluation Programme (TEP) together with IHPC's research & development capabilities to identify and tackle challenges and issues. Under the agreement, IDA will match-make IHPC's expertise to companies with relevant needs to adopt cloud-based technological solutions on the next generation broadband network. IHPC will leverage on its strengths in computational modelling and simulation, and data analysis to offer consultation to these businesses. It will ride on IDA's Cloud Computing and Next Generation Nationwide Broadband Network (Next Gen NBN) infrastructure to power and accelerate the entire solution-creation process. Examples of IHPC's technologies that can be leveraged by local ICT companies include:
- Big Data Analysis: IHPC researchers are developing cloud-based platforms and tools to enable businesses to run various data analytics with better performance and at less cost compared to traditional IT structure . The speed, reliability and feasibility of large scale data processing could be improved by dynamically optimising and scheduling the computational processes on cloud infrastructure such as Amazon EC2, S3, or Windows Azure. Such technologies in turn could be applied to a wide spectrum of areas such as aerospace, transport, surveillance, and healthcare.
- Brand-Centric Social Media Analysis: IHPC scientists are working on a social media analyser to help customer-facing organisations to monitor, track and analyse near-to-real time social media perceptions about their businesses and identify emerging pertinent social media trends. It also allows fine tailoring of these tools and methods for specific organisations to achieve greater accuracy of results.
- Complex Systems Modelling: IHPC scientists have won the top prize from the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) in 2013 for scalable complex modelling, which involves using an analyser of multiple simulated scenarios to enable companies, for example, in the transport or logistic industries, to make faster decisions (such as significantly reducing turnaround time of 9 hours to 30 minutes) so as to achieve lower costs and enhance productivity.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts