CUMBERLAND, Ky., Sept. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Arch Coal, Inc. (NYSE: ACI) announced that mine rescue teams from two subsidiaries captured top honors at the 2013 Harlan County Safety Days recently held on the campus of the Southeast Kentucky Community & Technical College in Cumberland, Ky. Arch Coal's Cumberland River Coal Blue Team from Oven Fork, Ky., was named overall Grand Champion, while Arch's Lone Mountain Processing team from Holmes Mill, Ky., finished second.
Eighteen teams from around the country competed in the annual mine rescue competition.
"These competitions provide valuable practice for our miners," said Charles Snavely, president of Arch Coal's eastern operations. "When competing against some of the finest mine rescue teams in the country, winning the top two awards is extremely gratifying and it is further proof of the focus employees have on safety excellence."Arch Coal's subsidiaries also had several award-winning teams in a variety of individual categories:
- Bench Bio Pak 240R: Second place – Mike Kincaid, Beckley Gold Team; and third place – Roy Smith, Beckley Gold Team.
- Bench BG4: Second place – Michael Johnson, Cumberland River Coal Blue Team.
- Pre-Shift: First place – Chris Couch, Cumberland River Coal Blue Team.
- First Aid: First place – Mingo Logan Mountain Laurel Gold Team.
- Mine Rescue Day Two: First place – Beckley Gold Team; second place – Cumberland River Coal Blue Team; and third place – Lone Mountain Processing.
- Combination (Mine Rescue/First Aid): First place – Mingo Logan Mountain Laurel Gold Team.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV