NEW YORK, Sept. 4, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Unlisted Trading Privileges Securities Information Processor met today with the UTP SIP committee to review the events of August 22, to better understand the causes of the regulatory halt and to consider a series of steps to strengthen the resiliency of the SIP.
NASDAQ OMX is one of 15 members of the UTP SIP Committee and is responsible for operating the SIP, which provides equities pricing data information to market participants.
The committee discussed several short-term actions proposed by NASDAQ OMX. These include:
- Improve structural framework: The committee agreed to consider several proposals from NASDAQ OMX, as the operator, designed to tighten the structural framework and provide additional clarity around roles and responsibilities.
- Strengthen SIP technology architecture: The SIP implemented a solution that will automatically disconnect the front end and back end processors when a failover occurs.
- Enhance operational integrity: The SIP will manually terminate connections if unusually high traffic is experienced on a single port. In addition, they will disable a single participant in such a situation to ensure the integrity of the SIP and stability of the market.
- Increase frequency of stress and failover testing: The SIP is available every weekend for testing. Market participants are encouraged to perform stress and failover tests after making code changes. NASDAQ OMX has recommended to the SIP committee to create a formal certification process for any significant changes that can affect interaction with the SIP.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV