Trade-Ideas: BlackBerry (BBRY) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
- BBRY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $187.1 million.
- BBRY is up 2.2% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BBRY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BBRY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BBRY: BlackBerry Limited engages in the design, manufacture, and marketing of wireless solutions worldwide. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate BlackBerry a buy, 12 analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for BlackBerry has been 25.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. BlackBerry has a market cap of $5.2 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. Shares are down 14.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates BlackBerry as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Communications Equipment industry and the overall market, BLACKBERRY LTD's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $630.00 million or 11.39% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- BLACKBERRY LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BLACKBERRY LTD swung to a loss, reporting -$1.20 versus $2.24 in the prior year.
- 41.06% is the gross profit margin for BLACKBERRY LTD which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -2.73% is in-line with the industry average.
- This stock has increased by 48.48% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in BBRY do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- You can view the full BlackBerry Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.