Looking for an Investment? 9 Franchises for About $100K
9. ProTect Painters
Residential painting services
Initial Investment: $99,100
ProTect Painters is a national franchise specializing in exterior and interior commercial and residential painting projects where there's no painting involved for the owner, only managing paint crews. The combination of minimal investment and low overhead costs makes for ProTect Painters to be a profitable business with a low barrier of entry.
ProTect Painters currently has 51 locations, with another 12 signed franchise deals this year. The company's sales to consumers have risen 79% year over year.The housing recovery as well as a recovering consumer has fueled revenue growth for service-based franchises catering to homebuyers as well as those looking to spruce up their current homes. ProTect Painters also said the business was untouched by the recent economic downturn, given that clients are both residential and commercial. The commercial business accounts for about 20% of total business and has far less seasonality than home painting. On the residential side, customers tend to repaint exteriors every five to seven years, the company says. The repeat business drives approximately 60% of overall revenue, it said. -- Written by Laurie Kulikowski in New York. Follow @LKulikowski To contact Laurie Kulikowski, send an email to: Laurie.Kulikowski@thestreet.com. >To submit a news tip, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV