DeVry University announced today that the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission (ETAC) of ABET has reaccredited the following onsite bachelor’s degree programs in its College of Engineering & Information Sciences: Biomedical Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering Technology and Electronics Engineering Technology.
ABET is a nonprofit, non-governmental organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation as an accreditor of college and university programs in the disciplines of applied science, computing, engineering and engineering technology. ABET provides specialized accreditation for engineering technology programs through ETAC, one of its four accreditation commissions.
“DeVry University is committed to providing students with programs that emphasize the requisite engineering fundamentals and to preparing them with career-specific skills that are projected to be in demand for decades,” said Ahmed Naumaan, Ph.D., national dean of the College of Engineering & Information Sciences at DeVry University. “ABET accreditation validates our offerings and underscores our ability to prepare students for careers in today’s fastest growing fields.”
This announcement follows other notable and separate accreditations achieved by DeVry University this year, including:
- In March, DeVry University announced its Reaffirmation of Accreditation by the Institutional Actions Council (IAC) of The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as one of six regional agencies that accredit U.S. colleges and universities at the institutional level.
- In May, DeVry University was granted initial accreditation of its established business and accounting degree programs by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) Board of Commissioners.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts