The funds intend to offer VRDP shares to qualified institutional buyers in a private offering pursuant to Rule 144A of the Securities Act of 1933.
No VRDP shares have been registered under the Securities Act of 1933 (the Securities Act) or any state securities laws. Unless so registered, no VRDP shares may be offered or sold in the United States except pursuant to an exemption from the registration requirements of the Securities Act and applicable state securities laws. This press release is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation of an offer to buy any of these securities.
Nuveen Investments provides high-quality investment services designed to help secure the long-term goals of institutional and individual investors as well as the consultants and financial advisors who serve them. Nuveen Investments markets a wide range of specialized investment solutions which provide investors access to capabilities of its high-quality boutique investment affiliates—Nuveen Asset Management, LLC, Symphony Asset Management LLC, NWQ Investment Management Company, LLC, Santa Barbara Asset Management, LLC, Tradewinds Global Investors, LLC, Winslow Capital Management, LLC and Gresham Investment Management LLC, all of which are registered investment advisers and subsidiaries of Nuveen Investments, Inc. Funds distributed by Nuveen Securities, LLC, a subsidiary of Nuveen Investments, Inc. In total, Nuveen Investments managed approximately $216 billion as of June 30, 2013. For more information, please visit the Nuveen Investments website at www.nuveen.com.
FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTSCertain statements made in this release are forward-looking statements. Actual future results or occurrences may differ significantly from those anticipated in any forward-looking statements due to numerous factors. These include, but are not limited to:
- the acceptance by qualified institutional buyers of, and demand for, VRDP in amounts sufficient for each fund to refinance its MTP and VMTP shares as applicable;
- the need to obtain the agreement of all parties to the final terms of the offerings of VRDP, including the liquidity providers;
- other legal and regulatory developments; and
- other additional risks and uncertainties.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV