TUCSON, Ariz., Sept. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Ventana Medical Systems, Inc. (Ventana), a member of the Roche Group, today announced that it has entered into an agreement with data storage and IT infrastructure industry leader EMC Corporation (EMC) to offer a highly scalable and flexible solution to store and archive medical images as part of the VENTANA digital pathology solution for anatomical pathology labs.
Today's pathologists increasingly rely on digital images scanned from patient slides, and those images must be of the highest possible resolution. The VENTANA iScan family of slide scanners offers enhanced image resolution and throughput, which in turn requires significant increases in system storage capacity. Ventana turned to IT industry leader EMC to deliver secure, easy to manage, high-capacity storage for its digital pathology solution which runs on VENTANA Virtuoso image and workflow management software.
"This agreement represents the combination of best-in-class technologies and expertise from two industry leaders, further increasing the value we can provide to customers," says Steve Burnell, PhD, digital pathology and workflow lifecycle leader at Ventana Medical Systems, Inc. "EMC's sophisticated analysis of our customers' storage needs, their reputation for quality, and continuous innovation, plus their global service capabilities mean that pathology labs all over the world can focus on analyzing patient slides, not managing storage capacity and archiving."A turnkey scanning and storage solution for labs of all sizes As digital pathology becomes the global standard, pathology labs of all sizes require an overall medical imaging storage solution that is cost-effective, flexible, secure, and scalable. Ventana has collaborated with EMC to optimize digital pathology storage configurations that will deliver the best performance and price for its wide range of global customers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV