Eyes are on IntercontinentalExchange (ICE) in 2013, as the firm gets closer to closing its acquisition of NYSE Euronext (NYX), expected to happen this fall. And merger arbitrageurs are taking full advantage of any crumbs left in the deal, contributing to ICE's short interest ratio of 22.6 right now. Ultimately, it doesn't matter why a stock is being heavily shorted, only that it is.
So the fact that it would take shorts in ICE a month to exit their bets at current volume levels makes this a short squeeze candidate even if no one really hates the stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV