BOSTON, Sept. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- John Hancock Funds today announced that it has changed its name to John Hancock Investments, a move designed to reflect its role as an asset manager with a unique investment model, and also to highlight a product mix encompassing a range of investments beyond mutual funds. The change is effective immediately. The new name applies only to the former John Hancock Funds, and not to parent company John Hancock Financial, a division of Toronto-based Manulife Financial.
"As an asset manager, we are focused on investing for our shareholders," said Andrew G. Arnott, President & CEO, John Hancock Investments. "Moreover, as an independent and well-resourced investment advisor, we approach investing differently from our peers. Our 'manager of managers' structure allows us to develop funds based on investor need, and then search the industry to find portfolio management teams with what we believe to be the best skill set, track record, and experience to manage those funds. We look for managers with a consistent and repeatable process who are focused on risk and on delivering competitive returns on a risk-adjusted basis. "
John Hancock Investments offers access to 73 individual portfolio teams managing 112 distinct strategies, all guided by vigorous investment oversight and a commitment to personalized service. The teams include both the portfolio management teams from John Hancock Asset Management, and those from specialized asset managers around the world.
"Our model allows us to be highly selective as to whom we hire to manage each portfolio, and we conduct more than 250 due diligence meetings each year to identify managers," said Mr. Arnott. "As one of the longest-tenured manager of managers, we have a team of analysts who monitor all of our portfolios on a daily basis. Additionally, we conduct more than 100 in-person meetings each year with our existing managers."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV