CLEARWATER, Fla., Sept. 4, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tech Data Corporation (Nasdaq:TECD) today announced that it will offer the new EMC ® flash-optimized hybrid VNX ® unified storage solutions and the new and enhanced VSPEX ® Proven Infrastructure configurations through its Advanced Infrastructure Solutions (AIS) division. The new technologies announced today accelerate virtualized applications, improve operational productivity with self-service IT, and simplify and speed cloud transformation. The announcement was made in conjunction with EMC's launch event today in Milan, Italy where the company introduced new storage and software solutions that help speed IT transformation.
EMC VNX Unified Storage Series Highlights:
- Announced today, the next generation of EMC's award-winning VNX Series offers breakthrough midrange performance for virtual environments, armed with the new EMC MCx™ software that maximizes the performance of flash. Also, included in the new VNX Series is the EMC Unisphere ® Management Suite designed to improve management productivity and provide tight integration with VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- For solutions providers, the VNX Series delivers higher-value midrange solutions that help increase revenue and margin, accelerate sales growth with flexible VSPEX and VCE vBlock™ infrastructure solutions, and build high-value service opportunities.
EMC VSPEX Proven Infrastructure Highlights:
- The new VSPEX announced today, which is powered by the new VNX Series, offers private cloud solutions scaling up to 1,000 virtual machines—twice as many virtual machines than previous configurations. EMC also announced that a dozen VSPEX solutions, representing popular use cases, are being enhanced to leverage the VNX system. The new solutions include: VSPEX private cloud with VMware vSphere 5.5, and VSPEX with EMC RecoverPoint ®.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV