NRG Energy, Inc. (NYSE:NRG) announced today the launch of NRG Residential Solutions, a new retail energy business that will change the way people buy and use energy. NRG Residential Solutions offers consumers unprecedented choice in their energy options by allowing customers to customize their electricity plan based on what is important to them – whether it’s deciding how long to secure their price, how much green power they want, how they prefer to get rewarded, or even if they want to incorporate cutting-edge efficiency tools.
“It’s a new day for residents in the Philadelphia area – and beyond,” said James Steffes, President, NRG Retail Northeast. “While local consumers have had the power to choose their retail energy provider for years, nearly 70 percent are still buying their power the old fashioned way, through their utility company. We expect to win them over by showing them we’re a different kind of energy company – one that is focused on a smart and innovative energy future that offers them a rewarding way to buy and use energy.”
Residents can choose from plans that emphasize choice, control, rewards and innovation based on what fits their lifestyle and specific needs. All plans include a one-time rebate program called 2¢ Sundays, which can be coupled with enrollment bonuses or cash-back programs for even more rewards.
Consumers can currently choose from these NRG Residential Solutions plans:
- Design Your Own Plan: Choice is power, and NRG Residential Solutions puts the power in customers’ hands. From pricing terms and preferred rewards to renewable energy levels, this plan offers the ultimate in choice and customization.
- Learn & Conserve SM Plan featuring the Nest Learning Thermostat TM : A $249 Nest Learning Thermostat comes free with this plan. Turn it up, turn it down – the Nest thermostat remembers what temperatures customers like, creates custom schedules for their homes, and turns itself down when the family is away. People can even change the temperature from their smartphones.
- Eagles Fan Plan: NRG powers the Philadelphia Eagles stadium, and now NRG Residential Solutions powers Eagles fans. This plan celebrates the Eagles and their fans with authentic team merchandise and 25 percent wind-generated electricity so customers can go green and contribute to a cleaner environment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV