RICHMOND, Va., Sept. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Genworth Financial, Inc. (NYSE: GNW) today announced two personnel additions to strengthen the senior leadership team of its U.S. Mortgage Insurance (USMI) unit. Paul Gomez recently joined USMI as Chief Operations Officer (COO) and George Reichert joined as Chief Information Officer (CIO).
Gomez formerly was senior vice president for Genworth Financial's U.S. Life Insurance Operations team in Richmond, VA. He and his leadership team will continue to focus on maximizing USMI's operational effectiveness. Gomez is a graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy and holds a Master's of Business Administration degree from the University of Rhode Island.
Reichert most recently was CIO at Nortel Networks in Research Triangle Park, NC, where he leveraged his expertise to create and lead the vision for Nortel's IT restructuring plan. He also led IT teams at Lenovo and DHL. Reichert graduated Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science, Computer Information Systems degree from Manhattan College in New York, NY.
"This is an exciting time for USMI as we begin to plan for prudent growth. As we continue looking at how to best align our Operations teams to achieve our loss mitigation goals and provide exceptional customer service, Paul's experience with running large customer service teams and analytics will be key to our work," said Rohit Gupta, president and chief executive officer of Genworth USMI."George is a results-driven leader with a proven ability to develop and execute IT strategy as well as motivate and empower people. I'm pleased to have him on board to focus on how we can best leverage technology to drive the business forward and effectively manage change. I'm confident that Paul and George's contributions will be instrumental in creating a bright future for our business," added Gupta.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV