- San Antonio AIDS Foundation (SAAF), located in San Antonio, TX, will enhance their existing medical case management program through the provision of early intervention services. SAAF's early intervention specialist will collaborate with two HIV/AIDS medical clinics to identify those in need and link them to care and intensive case management.
- International AIDS Empowerment, located in El Paso, TX, will expand the Vivamos! Program by adding a Retention in Care (RIC) component. The RIC Navigator will work with clinical partners and the Linkage to Care Coordinator to help coordinate comprehensive care through case management to directly address barriers to care for people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA).
- AIDS/HIV Services Group (ASG), located in Charlottesville, VA, will expand the Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Resources and Linkages for Inmates (C.H.A.R.L.I.) Program to include mental health counseling for recently released PLWHA.
- Basic NWFL, Inc., located in Panama City, FL, will expand its U R CONNECTED program to provide counseling, phone check-ins, support groups, and other face-to-face engaging strategies to link PLWHA to care and improve adherence.
- Big Bend Cares, Inc., located in Tallahassee, FL, will utilize funding to expand Project ACT (Assisting Clients to Treatment) that currently focuses on retention to care for African American men who have sex with men (MSM) to include white MSM and black heterosexuals, especially black women. The expansion will use Peer Navigators who will better serve women of color and white MSM through client counseling and adherence education.
- Rural Women's Health Project, located in Gainesville, FL, will continue the 'Let's Talk About It' (LTAI) women's HIV-positive Peer Advocate program, reaching HIV-positive women and female caregivers in the rural North Central Florida counties and helping them to remain in care. Funding will be used to develop new testimonial materials and a peer blog, as well as to expand the LTAI workshops into additional rural areas.
- Jacksonville Area Sexual Minority Youth Network, Inc. (JASMYN), located in Jacksonville, FL, will support linkages to HIV care, treatment retention, medication adherence, and adoption of risk reduction behaviors for HIV-positive young African American gay, bisexual and other young men who have sex with men (YSMSM) ages 13 - 23, though linkage coordination, case management, internal referrals to risk reduction programs, advocacy, and collaboration.
- Nashville CARES, located in Nashville, TN, will enhance the IAMSTRONG peer-based health and adherence education and support for PLWHA by integrating the program model into the entire Nashville CARES services environment. The expansion will also include the creation of a CARES Cafe, a safe social space at the agency staffed by trained peers, where PLWHA can engage each other in discussions about proactive strategies for successful treatment adherence and management of HIV health needs.
- South Carolina HIV/AIDS Council, located in Columbia, SC, will utilize funding on the PHAROAH behavioral risk reduction intervention that targets predominately African American HIV-positive incarcerated men and is designed to increase their HIV knowledge, enrollment and adherence to HIV medical care and treatment, and reduce sexual risk taking behaviors post incarceration.
- Western North Carolina AIDS Project, located in Asheville, NC, will develop pilot telehealth sites to improve linkage to HIV care and treatment adherence in 14 rural counties in North Carolina.
ViiV Healthcare Expands HIV/AIDS Community Support In Hard-Hit Southern U.S.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts