NYSE Governance Services, Corporate Board Member will host its 2 nd annual Board IT Challenge on Sept. 16 at the Westin Buckhead in Atlanta. The event will bring together corporate directors, general counsel, CIOs, CTOs, and other executives from the nation’s top companies to discuss best strategies to leverage new IT opportunities and address cyber risks and challenges.
According to Corporate Board Member and FTI Consulting, Inc.’s 13th annual Law and the Boardroom Study, IT strategy/risk has become a key focus for board members and general counsel. Only one third of general counsel surveyed said they feel “very confident” in their company’s ability to respond to a cyber-breach, and less than a quarter of directors do.
2013 Featured Speakers Include:
- Thomas Apel, Director, Stewart Information Services Corp.
- Alan Guibord, Former VP, Information Technology, R.R. Donnelley; Founder, The Advisory Council; Author, IT Leadership Manual
- Edwin Marcial, SVP & Chief Technology Officer, IntercontinentalExchange
- Jim Noble, Advisor to U.S. Department of Homeland Security; Former CIO, AOL/Time Warner and Philip Morris
- Peter Shankman, Author, Customer Service: New Rules for a Social Media World
- Todd Thibodeaux, President & CEO, CompTIA
Session topics will cover relevant issues such as: understanding the prime targets for cyber-crime and common mistakes companies make; how companies can leverage social media during normal business and/or a crisis; how to implement controls to prevent data breaches and protect your data in the cloud; monitoring business partners’ data security efforts; and aligning IT governance with business strategy.Sponsors of the 2013 Board IT Challenge include: BoardVantage, CompTIA, Corpedia, Deloitte, HyTrust, KPMG, Lathrop & Gage LLP, MarketWired, PwC, and Whiteford Taylor & Preston. For further information on this event, please contact Corporate Board Member’s conference department at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.boardmember.com/2013boarditchallenge.aspx. About Corporate Board Member Corporate Board Member, an NYSE Euronext company, is the leading information resource for senior officers and directors of publicly traded corporations, large private companies and Global 1000 firms. The quarterly publication, Corporate Board Member magazine, provides readers with decision-making tools to deal with the strategic and corporate governance challenges confronting their boards. Corporate Board Member further extends its governance leadership through an online resource center, conferences, roundtables and timely research. The magazine maintains the most comprehensive, up-to-date database of directors and officers serving on boards of publicly traded companies listed with NYSE Euronext and The NASDAQ OMX Group Inc. stock exchanges. www.boardmember.com About NYSE Governance Services NYSE Governance Services is an integrated suite of resources for public and privately held companies worldwide seeking to create a leadership advantage through corporate governance, risk, ethics and compliance practices. NYSE Governance Services leverages the expertise of Corpedia, a leader in risk assessment and e-learning for ethics and compliance, and Corporate Board Member, a trusted source on governance matters for company directors and C-level executives - both NYSE Euronext companies. NYSE Governance Services offers a range of training programs, advisory services, benchmarking analysis and scorecards, exclusive access to peer-to-peer events and thought leadership on key governance topics for company directors and C-level executives. For more information, visit www.nyse.com/governance
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV