KANSAS CITY, Mo., Sept. 4, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cerner today announced that Zane M. Burke has been named as the company's President. Mr. Burke will report to Cerner Co-Founder, Chairman and CEO Neal Patterson.
"I am very pleased to announce the appointment of Zane as president of Cerner," said Neal Patterson. "There are very few people who understand the extensive role information technology is playing in health care worldwide as well as Zane. We have a big decade ahead as we work to set new standards of excellence for our clients' organizations. Strong fundamentals are pressuring health care organizations around the world to become more accountable for the health of defined populations, resulting in a greater role for information technology as our platforms expand to include population health management. Zane has had a big part in our success to date, and in his new role he will help drive our future success."
Mr. Burke came to Cerner in 1996 from KPMG LLP, and has made significant contributions to Cerner's growth and in building strategic relationships with many of the largest health systems in the world. He has held a number of positions in the company, including President of Cerner West from 2003 to 2011, and, more recently, Executive Vice President of Cerner's client organization. Mr. Burke holds an MBA and Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from Kansas State University."I am excited for the opportunity to expand my leadership role at Cerner," said Zane Burke. "I believe no company is better positioned than Cerner to benefit from the current trends in health care. Our significant investments in research and development have helped drive the digitization of health care. We are poised for another era of growth with continued investments in R&D focused on leveraging this digitized data to improve health care delivery and the health of populations."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV