- One solution doesn’t fit all – Ninety-four percent of survey respondents using or planning to use tape are using it as part of a hybrid solution. The majority of those (67 percent) are using tape backup in conjunction with shared storage, while 44 percent are using it in conjunction with direct-attached storage or external hard drives. A quarter of respondents are currently using or plan to use cloud-based or online backup services.
- Tape is a valuable asset – When asked why IT professionals use or plan to use tape as a backup and recovery solution, 43 percent of respondents cited the cost-effectiveness of the solution, 24 percent noted the longevity of the technology and 20 percent commended tape’s superior storage capabilities.
- Tape is a multi-purpose solution – IT professionals using tape backup feel it is either “very effective” or “extremely effective” at addressing organizational challenges in data retention policies (61 percent), data archiving (60 percent), data recovery (58 percent) and disaster recovery (54 percent).
Survey: 94 Percent Of Small Businesses Use Or Plan To Use Tape Cartridges As Part Of A Hybrid Solution For Data Backup
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.