Trade-Ideas: Carnival Corporation (CCL) Is Today's Pre-Market Mover With Heavy Volume Stock
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Carnival Corporation (CCL) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Carnival Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CCL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $113.3 million.
- CCL traded 327,932 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:18 AM, representing 10.2% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CCL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CCL NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on CCL: Carnival Corporation operates as a cruise and vacation company worldwide. The company operates in two segments, North America; and Europe, Australia, and Asia. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Carnival Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold.The average volume for Carnival Corporation has been 3.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Carnival has a market cap of $21.3 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 1.16 and a short float of 4.4% with 4.87 days to cover.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Carnival Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including poor profit margins and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry. The net income increased by 192.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $14.00 million to $41.00 million.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.42, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.22 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- CARNIVAL CORP/PLC (USA) reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CARNIVAL CORP/PLC (USA) reported lower earnings of $1.67 versus $2.42 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 7.1% in earnings ($1.55 versus $1.67).
- The gross profit margin for CARNIVAL CORP/PLC (USA) is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 28.05%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 1.17% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Carnival Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV