After nine months of intense competition, 12 talented SONIC Drive-In crews are advancing to the Final 12 round of the 20th annual DR PEPPER SONIC Games, taking a VIP trip to San Diego for the last challenge at the 2013 SONIC National Convention. Each crew will compete in final events on Sunday, September 15 and Monday, September 16, and the top three crews will be recognized at an awards ceremony at the end of the week.
“Now in its twentieth year, the DR PEPPER SONIC Games continue to encourage our most passionate and enthusiastic crews to push themselves all year long for the chance to win an all-expense-paid trip to our National Convention for the finals,” said Omar Janjua, chief restaurant operations officer for SONIC Drive-In. “After two days of final events, the crews get to simply enjoy themselves in San Diego and get to know each other. It’s great for team-building and lets us show them how much we truly appreciate their dedication to the SONIC brand.”
Crews participating in the DR PEPPER SONIC Games take on challenging team and individual competitions and quizzes throughout the year in their local markets. The competition spans nine months and tests crewmembers’ expertise in the areas of Carhop (food delivery), Fountain (drink preparation), Switchboard (order taking), Dresser, Grill and Swamp (food preparation).
The Final 12 crews, in alphabetical order, are:
- Baton Rouge, La.
- Boise, Idaho
- Evans, Ga.
- Excelsior Springs, Mo.
- Hopkinsville, Ky.
- Leavenworth, Kan.
- Lindale, Texas
- Mineola, Texas
- Olathe, Kan.
- Pineville, La.
- Topeka, Kan. (2053 Southwest Western)
- Topeka, Kan. (5922 Southwest 21st Street)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV