DEERFIELD, Ill., Sept. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- United Stationers Inc. (NASDAQ: USTR) announced today that Todd Shelton, senior vice president and chief financial officer, is recovering from an unexpected but successful surgery. He is expected to spend the next several weeks recovering and transitioning back to his full-time duties. Cody Phipps, president and chief executive officer, will be the primary point of contact for investors during Mr. Shelton's absence.
"We wish Todd a speedy recovery," said Mr. Phipps. "We have a seasoned finance team which will continue to effectively oversee the company's financial matters until Todd's return."
United Stationers Inc. is a leading wholesale distributor of business products, with 2012 net sales of $5.1 billion. The company stocks a broad and deep line of approximately 130,000 items on a national basis, including technology products, traditional office products, janitorial and breakroom supplies, office furniture, and industrial supplies. A network currently comprised of 64 distribution centers allows it to deliver these products to over 25,000 reseller customers. This network, combined with United's depth and breadth of inventory, enables the company to ship most products overnight to more than 90% of the U.S. and offer next-day delivery to major cities in Mexico and Canada. For more information, visit unitedstationers.com.United Stationers' common stock trades on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol USTR. For Further Information Contact: P. Cody PhippsPresident and Chief Executive OfficerUnited Stationers Inc. (847) 627-7000 SOURCE United Stationers Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV