Analog Devices, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADI) introduced today an 18-bit PulSAR® A/D converter with 5-MSPS throughput that is twice the speed of any available SAR (successive-approximation register) converter. With its industry leading throughput, best-in-class noise floor and high linearity, the AD7960 PulSAR A/D converter was designed for low-power signal chains, multiplexed systems such as digital X-ray, and oversampling applications including spectroscopy, MRI gradient control and gas chromatography.
Unlike other 18-bit A/D converters, which sacrifice power and accuracy to achieve higher sample rates, the AD7960 consumes 39 mW at 5 MSPS and is optimized for excellent DC linearity (+/- 0.8 LSB INL) and AC performance (99dB SNR) even at full throughput. The new converter also features a best-in-class noise floor (22.4 nV/√Hz) relative to its full scale input, which combined with a small package size helps designers meet space, thermal, power and other key design challenges common to high-channel-density systems.
Also today, Analog Devices introduced the AD7961 16-bit PulSAR A/D converter, which achieves excellent SNR (signal-to-noise ratio) performance (95.5 dB) and INL (+/- 0.2 LSB INL) at 5-MSPS.
- Download data sheet, watch the video, order samples and evaluation boards: http://www.analog.com/AD7960 http://www.analog.com/AD7961
- Circuits from the Lab Reference Design:CN0277 High-Precision, 18-bit, 5-MSPS, Low-Power Signal Chain for Data Acquisition: http://www.analog.com/en/circuits-from-the-lab/CN0277/vc.html
- Connect with engineers and ADI product experts on EngineerZone™, an online technical support community: http://ez.analog.com/community/data_converters
AD7960 and AD7691 PulSAR A/D Converters Target Data Acquisition SystemsThe AD7961 and AD7960 PulSAR A/D converters provide a pin-compatible upgrade/downgrade path for 16- and 18 –bit data acquisition applications in instrumentation and healthcare. They include a flexible, low-noise LVDS (low-voltage differential signaling) interface which transfers data off chip at speeds up to 300 MHz.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV