MAUMEE, Ohio, Sept. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Dana Holding Corporation (NYSE: DAN) announced today it will construct a state-of-the-art gear manufacturing operation in Rayong, Thailand, to support growing customer demand for Spicer ® axles in the region.
The new Dana facility, scheduled to open next year, will have the capacity to deliver 600,000 gear sets to the region.
"Dana is committed to delivering differentiated innovations for growth markets such as Thailand," said Mark Wallace, president of Dana Light Vehicle Driveline Technologies. "By expanding our gear development and manufacturing capabilities in the region, Dana will deliver programs more efficiently, and be equipped to handle projected market growth."
For more than two decades, Dana has supported major automakers in Thailand and the region with the production of axles and driveshafts. Major customers include Ford, Mazda, Nissan, Suzuki, and Tata. Dana currently employees 650 people at three facilities in the country. Approximately 125 new jobs will be created to support the expansion.About Dana Holding Corporation Dana is a world-leading supplier of driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of passenger, commercial, and off-highway vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. The company's global network of engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities provides original-equipment and aftermarket customers with local product and service support. Based in Maumee, Ohio, Dana employs more than 23,000 people in 26 countries and reported 2012 sales of $7.2 billion. For more information, please visit www.dana.com.
SOURCE Dana Holding Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV