8. --VeriFone Systems (PAY) is expected by analysts on Thursday to post fiscal third-quarter earnings of 20 cents a share on revenue of $400.8 million.
9. -- Smithfield Foods' (SFD) $4.7 billion acquisition by Shuanghui International is likely to be cleared by the U.S. Treasury department, moving it a step closer to what would be the largest ever Chinese takeover of a U.S. company, The Financial Times reported, citing people familiar with the matter.The Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States has signaled that it is leaning toward clearing the deal and the companies could learn of the committee's decision as early as Thursday, the people told the FT.
10. -- Smith & Wesson (SWHC), the gun maker, is expected by Wall Street to report Thursday fiscal first-quarter earnings of 36 cents a share.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV