ADTRAN ®, Inc., (NASDAQ:ADTN), a leading provider of cloud connectivity, enterprise communications and mobility solutions, today announced its NetVanta® 6250 IP Business Gateway. The solution builds on ADTRAN’s market leading family of IP Business Gateways, and features higher throughput and more connectivity options including Ethernet, fiber and Multi-T1 for delivering a wide range of business services. As service providers migrate their own networks to answer end user demand for higher bandwidth services, the NetVanta 6250 is designed to make that transition from a Multi-T1 service offering to an Ethernet or fiber based service.
The NetVanta 6250:
- Enables feature rich, higher bandwidth service delivery supporting up to 175 Mbps throughput and up to 3 PRI’s of simultaneous voice traffic, enabling the convergence of multiple communications service offerings, without degradation performance.
- Fits your network today, and in the future. One of the most flexible platforms for deploying next generation services with built-in interfaces for fiber and gigabit Ethernet, while maintaining the necessary Multi-T1 and analog connectivity.
- Provides service reliability – Designed and built by the market leader for IP Business Gateways, this platform is built to last and provide maximum uptime with: battery backup ensuring a power failure doesn’t equal communications failure, support for AC and DC primary powering, and survivability with Lifeline FXO options.
- Offers optional session border controller, further eliminating the need for multiple platforms for highly diverse and differentiated service delivery with VoIP interoperability, security, and survivability.
- Delivers superior call quality with innovative features such as Quality of Service that allows you to ensure VoIP traffic prioritization, meet proper service level agreements with Voice Quality Monitoring, and simplify troubleshooting with Packet Capture.
“ADTRAN’s experience and leading position in the IP Business Gateway Market provides us with a unique understanding of how to match advanced features with maximum flexibility. Our customers are able to optimize configurations dependent on how they are utilizing the technology within their own network,” said Chris Thompson, director of product management for ADTRAN’s Enterprise Networks Division. “As a result, service providers are better equipped to successfully deliver the business services their customers require today, as well as grow their network to manage the needs of future services.”