MILAN, Sept. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Today EMC ® executives, customers and partners kicked off an around-the-world, 24-hour live broadcast from Milan Italy announcing new technologies that help give IT infrastructure teams the speed they need to lead their IT transformation (see related news release).
- EMC is scheduled to deliver the ViPR® Software-Defined Storage Platform later this month—well ahead of industry expectations.
- ViPR delivers the ability to both manage storage infrastructure (the "Control Plane" through the ViPR Controller) and the data residing within that infrastructure (the "Data Plane" through ViPR Data Services).
- ViPR's first data service—Object Data Services—will be supported at general availability. ViPR Object Data Services support Amazon S3, OpenStack Swift and Atmos API's, in addition to enabling enterprises and service providers to store, access and manipulate objects.
Interact with EMC Online:
- View the 24-hour live EMC broadcast for additional access to EMC content and experts
- Join the conversation with #Speed2Lead, #EMC and #SoftwareDefined and follow @EMCCorp, @EMCITMgmt and @EMCVNX
- View additional related news from EMC via EMC Pulse Blog
- Connect with EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube , and LinkedIn
Full Story:Today, joined by EMC partners and customers, EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC) kicked off a 24-hour, around-the-world live launch announcing new technologies that help give IT infrastructure teams the speed they need to lead their IT Transformation. At this event EMC announced that the EMC ViPR Software-Defined Storage Platform, a critical enabler to speeding this transformation, will be available later this month. Using ViPR, customers can manage both their existing storage infrastructure (using the ViPR Controller) and the data residing within it (using ViPR Data Services), enabling them to help drive improvements in automation and lay down a modern storage architecture for future application deployments. ViPR-supported storage includes the new EMC VNX unified storage platform as well existing EMC VNX, EMC VMAX®, EMC VPLEX ®, EMC Isilon ®, EMC RecoverPoint® and third-party arrays including NetApp storage. ViPR provides the foundation for building Web-scale data centers without the need to hire thousands of technical experts to create a custom environment. Read more about this news at EMC's product and technology blog, EMC Pulse Blog: http://pulseblog.emc.com/2013/09/04/emc-delivers-on-vipr-promise-and-outlines-strategic-vision-with-preview-of-project-nile Upon general availability, ViPR will deliver Object Data Services—a capability that sets ViPR apart from other solutions on the market. ViPR Object Data Services offer support for multiple standard APIs including Amazon S3, OpenStack Swift and Atmos in addition to giving customers the ability to view objects as files, providing near-file access performance without the latency inherent in current object storage models. ViPR Object Data Services are engineered to be deployed on any ViPR-supported file storage including the new EMC VNX unified storage platform as well existing EMC VNX, EMC Isilon ® and third-party arrays including NetApp storage. Future updates will be designed to add support for additional third-party arrays as well as commodity hardware. EMC also plans to provide a broader set of data services as part of the ViPR platform, including an HDFS Data Service which will enable customers to perform in-place Hadoop analytics across their entire heterogeneous storage environment.