Sept. 4, 2013
Interact with EMC Online:
- Today EMC ® executives, customers and partners kicked off an around-the-world, 24-hour live broadcast from Milan Italy announcing new technologies that help give IT infrastructure teams the speed they need to lead their IT Transformation ( see related news release).
- EMC is enhancing the EMC ® VSPEX™ Proven Infrastructure portfolio, including 18 configurations and introducing 4 new configurations – all leveraging the new VNX systems.
- With the inclusion of the new VNX ® 5400, 5600 and 5800, VSPEX solutions delivers 2x more VMs and twice the value.
- EMC VSPEX Proven Infrastructure in just 17 months has achieved unprecedented growth by shipping 3600 VSPEX systems and amassing 3,000 customers who are transforming their cloud environments with one of the industry's most simple, efficient and flexible reference architectures based on best of breed products.
- Available through the EMC Velocity™ partner program, VSPEX has over 1500 partners in 85 countries leveraging the EMC brand and industrial design in conjunction with EMC alliance partners Brocade, Cisco, Citrix, Intel, Microsoft, and VMware.
Today, joined by EMC partners and customers,
(NYSE: EMC) kicked off a 24-hour, around-the-world live launch announcing new technologies that help give IT infrastructure teams the speed they need to lead their
. As part of today's news, EMC announced that the EMC VSPEX Proven Infrastructure portfolio has been enhanced to leverage the new EMC VNX systems and a range of new data protection capabilities across 18 existing and 4 new VSPEX configurations.
The predictable performance of VSPEX has now been further enhanced with the inclusion of the new VNX 5400, 5600 and 5800 Series as part of the solution designed to enable support of up to 1000 virtual machines, 2x more than ever before for VSPEX workloads at twice the value. These new
configurations powered by VNX further speed transformation to the cloud by driving simplicity and offering more VMs per system, thereby reducing time-intensive planning, sizing and configuration by administrators.
Read more about this news at EMC's product and technology blog, EMC Pulse Blog:
Fueled by the need to shorten time to value, reduce IT overhead and streamline management, EMC has shipped 3,600 VSPEX and enabled 3,000 customers who have rapidly adopted and deployed the simple, efficient and flexible reference architecture built on EMC's award-winning storage systems and data protection products, along with best-of-breed virtualization, server, and network technology from EMC alliance partners Brocade, Cisco, Citrix, Intel, Microsoft, and VMware.