Sept. 4, 2013
Interact with EMC Online:
- Today EMC executives, customers and partners kicked off an around-the-world, 24-hour live event from Milan, Italy announcing new technologies that help give IT infrastructure teams the speed they need to lead their IT Transformation (see related news release).
- New VNX Series uses new EMC MCx ™ (multi-core optimization) software to unleash the power of flash, accelerating virtual applications and file performance by up-to 4X compared to previous generations (view the latest SPECsfs results).
- Revolutionary new EMC ® VNX ® Series delivers unprecedented price/performance—one-third the price for the same performance of the previous generation.
- New EMC XtremSW Cache ™ 2.0 server-flash caching software, including integration with Unisphere ® Management and advanced support for VMware, AIX and Oracle RAC environments.
- VNX flash-only configurations extend the EMC best-of-breed flash portfolio.
- New VNX-CA (Continuous Availability) solution leverages the capabilities of EMC VPLEX ® virtual storage to deliver continuous availability of data.
Today, joined by EMC partners and customers,
(NYSE:EMC) kicked off a 24-hour, around-the-world live launch announcing new technologies that help give IT infrastructure teams the speed they need to lead their IT transformation.
The cornerstone of today's news is the new, highly anticipated, range of VNX unified storage systems (VNX5200, VNX5400, VNX5600, VNX5800, VNX7600, VNX8000 and VNX-F) that shatter the definition and economics of midrange storage. The new VNX raises the bar for application performance, storage efficiency, data protection, data availability and ease-of-use.