MILAN, Sept. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Today EMC executives, customers and partners kicked off an around-the-world, 24-hour live broadcast from Milan Italy, announcing new products that help give customers the speed they need to lead their IT Transformation. To view the broadcast visit http://www.emc.com/speed2lead.
- EMC announced the revolutionary new EMC ® VNX ® Series delivers unprecedented price/performance—one-third the price for the same performance of the previous generation.
- The world's fastest-growing reference architecture, EMC VSPEX ™, now delivers 2X more virtual machines at the same price, and an even broader spectrum of choice for workloads that matter most—powered by the new EMC VNX Series.
- EMC announced the general availability of EMC ViPR ® Software-Defined Storage Platform, planned for later this month. It is scheduled to include both ViPR Controller and ViPR Object Data Services to store, access and manipulate objects.
- EMC today unveiled the "Project Nile" Elastic Cloud Storage platform that is focused on delivering Private Cloud control, security and flexibility with the scale, economics and ease-of-use generally associated with the public cloud.
- New EMC XtremSW Cache ™ 2.0 server-flash caching software provides new management capabilities and advanced support for VMware, AIX and Oracle RAC environments.
- EMC and Lotus F1 Team celebrated their technology partnership with the new EMC VNX5400 Lotus Team F1 Limited Edition arrays.
Interact with EMC Online:
- View the 24-hour live EMC broadcast for additional access to EMC content and experts
- Join the conversation with #Speed2Lead and follow @EMCCorp, @EMCVNX, @EMCVSPEX, @EMCITMgmt, @EMCVPLEX and @EMCXtrem
- View additional related news from EMC via EMC Pulse Blog
- Connect with EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- The new, highly anticipated range of VNX unified storage systems (VNX5200, VNX5400, VNX5600, VNX5800, VNX7600, VNX8000 and VNX-F), that shatter the definition and economics of midrange storage. The new VNX raises the bar for application performance, storage efficiency, data protection, data availability and ease-of-use. Through new MCx™ software the new VNX fully unleashes the power of flash, accelerating application and file performance by up-to 4X. The new platform also delivers unprecedented price/performance—one-third the price for the same performance of the previous generation.
- All EMC VSPEX reference architectures are now powered by the new VNX Series—delivering 2X more virtual machines at the same prices, and with a broader spectrum of choice for workloads that matter most. VSPEX is the worlds fastest growing reference architecture with 3,600 shipments adopted by 3,000 customers and 1,500 partners.
- EMC announced that the ViPR Software-Defined Storage Platform is planned to be generally available later this month. ViPR is scheduled to include both the ViPR Controller and ViPR Object Data Services. ViPR Object Data Services gives customers the ability to view objects as files, providing file access performance without the latency inherent in current object storage models.
- EMC also offered a technology preview of "Project Nile", which EMC expects will be the first commercially-available complete, Web-scale storage infrastructure for the data center.
- New EMC XtremSW Cache 2.0 software offers deeper integration with EMC arrays including the new VNX Series—further driving down latency by 65%. The advanced caching software also delivers greater interoperability with VMware vCenter, industry first IBM AIX support and distributed cache coherency for Oracle RAC environments (scheduled to be available in the fourth quarter of 2013) as well as increased support for any server flash SSD or PCIe hardware (including EMC XtremSF ™ server flash hardware).
- EMC is celebrating its technology partnership with the Lotus F1 Team by jointly announcing the EMCVNX 5400 Lotus Team F1 Limited Edition arrays in Lotus F1 Team colors.