NEW YORK ( TheStreet) - LinkedIn (LNKD), the career-networking web site, that has more than quadrupled in value since going public in 2011, was dropping in after-hours trading after saying it plans a $1 billion stock offering.
Mountain View, Calif.-based LinkedIn said the funds would be used to increase its expand the scope of products and services as its seeks to engage users beyond landing a new job. Additionally, LinkedIn said proceeds from the offering would be earmarked for international expansion as the company aims to secure users in countries categorized by investors as emerging economies.
Underwriters for the offering which include JP Morgan Securities and Morgan Stanley. Goldman Sachs and Bank of America Merrill Lynch will have an option to buy an additional $150 million of LinkedIn's Class A common stock, the company said in a statement.
LinkedIn was falling 2.3% to $240.95 in after-hours trading. The shares have gained 447% since going public in May 2011.>Contact by Email. Follow @LeonLazaroff >News stories and columns by Leon Lazaroff .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV