ANN ARBOR, Michigan, September 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Arotech Corporation (NasdaqGM: ARTX), a provider of quality defense and security products for the military, law enforcement and homeland security markets, announced today that its Battery and Power Systems Division received a $2 million follow on order from the United States Army for its award-winning SWIPES [ TM ] System.
The Soldier Wearable Integrated Power Equipment System, or SWIPES [ TM ] enables extended mission times without the burden of power source swaps or charging due to their high energy density. It also reduces battery weight that soldiers are carrying by up to 30%. The batteries continuously charge the secondary batteries inside various devices, such as two way radios, GPS units and shot detection systems. The SWIPES [ TM ] product allows for individual tailoring for a soldier and is designed to accept new applications as they become available.
"We're very pleased to win this additional order from the US army, reflecting the products increasing acceptance among US Ground Forces," commented Arotech's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Robert S. Ehrlich. "The US army is the world's leading military force, especially when it comes to the use of technology on the battlefield. The fact that they repeatedly choose our SWIPES system as well as awarding it a 'Top-Ten Best Army Inventions' upon its launch, is testament to the effectiveness and the value our product adds. Since developing the SWIPES product, we have realized over $6 million in sales from the US army. We see significant future growth potential for this product- not only for the various divisions of the US military, but also for ground forces of other armies."About Arotech Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV