Fiscal 2013 Results
Fiscal 2013 revenues were $892.6 million compared to $739.0 million in the same period a year earlier, an increase of $153.6 million, or 20.8%. Net income for fiscal 2013 was $24.0 million, or $0.91 per fully diluted share. In the same period a year earlier the Company earned $17.2 million, or $0.65 per fully diluted share.
Revenues increased in all of our segments: Oil Gas & Chemical, Electrical Infrastructure, Industrial, and Storage Solutions increased $68.0 million, $36.1 million, $34.3 million and $15.0 million, respectively. Consolidated gross profit was $94.7 million in fiscal 2013 compared to $79.6 million in the same period a year earlier. Gross margins were 10.6% in fiscal 2013 versus 10.8% in the same period a year earlier. In line with our expectations, selling, general and administrative costs increased by $10.0 million which is primarily related to planned investments in our branding initiative, strategic growth areas and related support functions and increased business volumes.
Income Tax ExpenseThe effective tax rates were 34.7% and 33.2% for the three months and fiscal year ended June 30, 2013. The fiscal 2013 tax rate was positively impacted by the effect of retroactive tax legislation passed in the third quarter extending certain tax benefits. The fourth quarter tax rate was positively impacted by a change in the estimated benefit the Company expects to receive from a tax deduction. The Company estimates that its effective tax rate on future earnings will approximate 38%. Backlog Backlog at June 30, 2013 totaled $626.7 million, an increase of $129.2 million, or 26.0%, compared to the backlog at June 30, 2012 of $497.5 million and decreased by $17.6 million, or 2.7%, compared to the March 31, 2013 backlog of $644.3 million. Project awards totaled $217.9 million and $1.0 billion in the three months and fiscal year ended June 30, 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV