Trade-Ideas: Raymond James Financial (RJF) Is Today's "Water-Logged And Getting Wetter" Stock
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Raymond James Financial (RJF) as a "water-logged and getting wetter" (weak stocks crossing below support with today's range greater than 200%) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Raymond James Financial as such a stock due to the following factors:
- RJF has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $41.7 million.
- RJF has traded 498,630 shares today.
- RJF traded in a range 201.5% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.24.
- RJF traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 5 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 5 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower.EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RJF with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RJF NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on RJF: Raymond James Financial, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the underwriting, distribution, trading, and brokerage of equity and debt securities in the United States, Canada, and Europe. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Raymond James Financial a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.The average volume for Raymond James Financial has been 831,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Raymond James Financial has a market cap of $5.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.55 and a short float of 1.3% with 1.59 days to cover.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Raymond James Financial as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- RJF's revenue growth trails the industry average of 12.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 61.65% to $237.17 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, RAYMOND JAMES FINANCIAL CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 8.52%.
- RAYMOND JAMES FINANCIAL CORP has improved earnings per share by 7.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Stable earnings per share over the past year indicate the company has sound management over its earnings and share float. We anticipate these figures will begin to experience more growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, RAYMOND JAMES FINANCIAL CORP's EPS of $2.20 remained unchanged from the prior years' EPS of $2.20. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.69 versus $2.20).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Capital Markets industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 9.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $76.35 million to $83.86 million.
- You can view the full Raymond James Financial Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV