TROY, Mich., Sept. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- AxleTech International, a General Dynamics (NYSE: GD) company, was recently awarded contracts valued at approximately $25 million from Textron Marine & Land Systems to produce independent suspension axle systems. The orders are for AxleTech's 4000 and 5000 Series planetary independent suspension axle systems (ISAS).
The first contract is for the production of vehicle sets for the Canadian Tactical Armored Patrol Vehicle (TAPV) program; and a second contract is to produce additional vehicle sets for the Afghan National Army (ANA) program.
"Our state-of-the-art independent suspension system will provide best-in-class mobility for the TAPV program, especially in rugged terrain," said H.A. ( Graz) Graziano, vice president and general manager of AxleTech International. "We are pleased to continue our work with Textron Marine & Land Systems to provide field-proven axles, spares and other support for these important programs."
AxleTech also supplies axle systems for Textron Marine & Land Systems' combat-proven M1117 Armored Security Vehicle (ASV) and M1200 Armored Knight military vehicle. The U.S. Army has more than 3,100 ASVs in its fleet.For more information about AxleTech International please visit www.axletech.com. More information about General Dynamics is available at www.gd.com. SOURCE AxleTech International
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV