NORTHBROOK, Ill., Sept. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Allstate released its 2012 Corporate Responsibility Report, titled Knowledge Applied. The report, Allstate's eleventh, focuses on how Allstate and its agency owners and employees turn information, ideas and expertise into products and services that improve people's lives. Additionally, the report provides an update on Allstate's progress toward its sustainability and social impact goals.
"Allstate uses its 'knowledge for good' approach to help communities, benefit our customers, and enhance our business," said Vicky Dinges, vice president of corporate social responsibility at Allstate. "The results are shown in the many stories throughout the report, from promoting smarter home construction, safer driving and financial literacy to rooting out insurance fraud and reducing our use of natural resources. These focused initiatives improve our business and the lives of those we have the privilege to touch."
Allstate continuously evaluates its progress on key performance indicators that track the company's corporate responsibility programs. For example, in 2012, Allstate successfully increased its total procurement spend with diverse suppliers to 6.6 percent versus 5.4 percent in 2011. This marks substantial progress toward achieving nine percent of Allstate's total supplier spend with businesses owned by minorities, women, veterans and members of the LGBT community by 2015. Additionally, the company earned a spot on The DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity, which measures CEO commitment, human capital, corporate and organizational communications and supplier diversity.
Additional 2012 accomplishments highlighted in the report include:Community involvement and social impact
- Reached 103,000 domestic violence survivors with financial empowerment services
- Helped decrease teen deaths on U.S. roads by approximately 26 percent since 2008
- Employees and agency owner volunteers dedicated more than 200,000 hours of service in their communities
- Invested $780 million in affordable housing projects developed through the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit program
- Spent $304 million with 2,224 diverse suppliers
- Reduced GHG emissions more than 3 percent in 2012, a nearly 22 percent reduction in carbon footprint since 2007
- Reduced employee paper use by 12 percent over 2011
- Saved more than 6 million pieces of paper by providing paperless solutions to our customers
- Secured LEED certification for two Allstate-owned properties
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV