4. As of noon trading, Valero Energy Corporation ( VLO) is up $0.90 (2.5%) to $36.42 on average volume. Thus far, 3.4 million shares of Valero Energy Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $36.06-$36.83 after having opened the day at $36.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.53. Valero Energy Corporation operates as an independent petroleum refining and marketing company. The company operates through three segments: Refining, Ethanol, and Retail. Valero Energy Corporation has a market cap of $19.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Valero Energy Corporation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Valero Energy Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Valero Energy Corporation Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts